Two Steps Forward, One Step Back
Or is it One Step Forward, Two Steps Back? Whichever it is, it is frustrating! I guess I spoke too soon yesterday. Yesterday may have marked another milestone is Connor's Toddler Life.
First things: Connor once again told me he had to go potty and went poo poo in the potty first try!
Second: For some reason we were talking to Connor about getting rid of the Paci at night in a few more weeks, telling him the Paci Fairy is going to come and take his Paci's to the babies and he would get a suprise toy. Connor and I were reading his Pacifier's are Not Forever book for about the 6th time when all of a sudden he threw his Paci on the floor and told me to throw it in the trash. I told him that he was a big boy and that he could do it. So we went to the kitchen and Connor threw his Paci in the trash. He was very proud. I laid in bed with him after that and he only asked for his Paci once (very quietly) and I didn't say anything and before long he was asleep. But then....remember yesterday I said he had slept through the night for 3 nights, well last night at 1am he is at my bed telling me he wants his Paci. I take him back to bed and he is crying for his Paci. Great...all the progress we made, too many changes at once. But he chose to throw the Paci out, so what do I do? This is what I did...I reminded him how he is a big boy and threw it away...didn't work. So I told him to wait in his bed and I would see if I could find one but I thought it was gone. He went to sleep on his own while he was waiting! Great...until 4am when he was back in my room. This time I just let him in bed with us and held him while he cried for his Paci for a few minutes and then he fell asleep. So we made it through the first night without the Paci. But now he is back to waking up! Coincidence or did the Paci really help him sleep through the night? What I am afraid of is tonight after bath when he normally gets his Paci...how hard will it be???? I didn't want to overwhelm Connor with so many changes at once, but once he took the Paci plunge I don't want to go back because next time he will know that the decision can be reversed. So I guess we take some steps back on sleeping through the night to ween him from the Paci...what other choice is there?!?!?! I am so proud of him for being such a big boy. But I still want him to sleep through the night alone before Baby Brother arrives!
First things: Connor once again told me he had to go potty and went poo poo in the potty first try!
Second: For some reason we were talking to Connor about getting rid of the Paci at night in a few more weeks, telling him the Paci Fairy is going to come and take his Paci's to the babies and he would get a suprise toy. Connor and I were reading his Pacifier's are Not Forever book for about the 6th time when all of a sudden he threw his Paci on the floor and told me to throw it in the trash. I told him that he was a big boy and that he could do it. So we went to the kitchen and Connor threw his Paci in the trash. He was very proud. I laid in bed with him after that and he only asked for his Paci once (very quietly) and I didn't say anything and before long he was asleep. But then....remember yesterday I said he had slept through the night for 3 nights, well last night at 1am he is at my bed telling me he wants his Paci. I take him back to bed and he is crying for his Paci. Great...all the progress we made, too many changes at once. But he chose to throw the Paci out, so what do I do? This is what I did...I reminded him how he is a big boy and threw it away...didn't work. So I told him to wait in his bed and I would see if I could find one but I thought it was gone. He went to sleep on his own while he was waiting! Great...until 4am when he was back in my room. This time I just let him in bed with us and held him while he cried for his Paci for a few minutes and then he fell asleep. So we made it through the first night without the Paci. But now he is back to waking up! Coincidence or did the Paci really help him sleep through the night? What I am afraid of is tonight after bath when he normally gets his Paci...how hard will it be???? I didn't want to overwhelm Connor with so many changes at once, but once he took the Paci plunge I don't want to go back because next time he will know that the decision can be reversed. So I guess we take some steps back on sleeping through the night to ween him from the Paci...what other choice is there?!?!?! I am so proud of him for being such a big boy. But I still want him to sleep through the night alone before Baby Brother arrives!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home