I wish I had a camera...
to take Connor's picture last night when he had a major meltdown. Connor went to sleep last night about 9:30. After he was asleep about 9:50 I realized he was still wearing underwear. Well Connor does not keep himself dry every night and knowing he just had cup of juice at 8:30 I figured I better put a diaper on him. I attempted to change him while he slept...didn't work. Now we have a screaming 2 yr old at 10pm. After Rick and I both wrestled with him managed to get the diaper on him, he was still not having it. He kept ripping it off. So we gave him a choice...go potty and wear underwear to bed or put the diaper on. He did not want to do either! So the tantrum continued. Rick and I went back and forth between being frustrated and laughing hysterically. The little guy was not giving in. So he stayed pantless for a while until we gave into him and put the pants back on thinking once he was asleep we would try (better this time) again to put a diaper on him. He finally calmed down and was back asleep around 10:30. We then tried to put a diaper on him while I cuddled with him. Still no luck. So he won this round. Rick put a trash bag on his bed with a towel over it for added bed protection and we went to bed. Go figures...the little burger slept all night in his bed and awoke dry! After an hour of fighting with him (of course I felt horrible for waking him when he was so tired) we could have just left him in his underwear. When he woke up this morning he came to our bedroom carrying the trash bag telling Rick he had to throw it away, he found it in his room. I guess we will see if he remembers the episode tonight when we try and put the diaper on him. As a side note, the plan is when he has 5 dry nights in a row he doesn't have to wear underwear to bed. Problem is, the little guy is not ready to give up his after bath juice. I think we will switch him to milk or water and that is what he gets and then he will wean himself. Our stubborn little guy sure hates to be woke up...and ALWAYS makes us pay for waking him up! Gets that from his Daddy!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home