Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Why Me?!

Why do things always work out the way they do? My child has been potty trained for months now. The kid won’t pee in a pool and never poops in his pants. Why is it that he has two pairs of swim trunks with super tight liners in them, but yesterday I grabbed the clean pair that happened to not have a liner only because I was confident he would not need a liner during the 30 minute swim class? He always has to run out of class to go potty. So why is it during this same afternoon we went to Chik-fil-a and he had 3 attempts to go poo in the potty, none of which felt “right” to him? So we arrive at swim class to try again…nope he still won’t go. So I figure if he has to go he will get out of the pool. Sure enough, half way through class he has to go potty. I take him…barely pees, says he doesn’t need to go poop. Okay, we are almost through, go back to class.

Why me?!

As soon as I sit back down I see him across the pool bouncing around and holding his bottom. His teacher who was with the other child told him “no, sit down, don’t get out of the pool.” It is very hard for me to see and hear Connor from where the parents sit. After a few more seconds, he say’s okay and Connor gets out of the pool. I take him again to the potty, where this time he finally goes. Much better.

So I thought.

As we get back to the pool I find out that he had waited to long and sure enough there was a trail of little turds across the deck. Luckily, there were no turds in the pool. I was so embarrassed. There were three class going on and probably 15 parents all who witnessed the trail of turds across the deck. To make matters worse, the mother of the only child that was in his class felt she needed to ask me if he was not wearing a swim diaper. After I explained to her that he has been potty trained for months and never has accidents, she felt the need to advise me to put him in swim trunks with really tight liners. So why me?! Why does this happen the one time I put him in the liner-less swim trunks? And why did his teacher just not let him right back out of the pool? Poor Baby Boy…it really wasn’t his fault…who wants to poop in a potty that is big enough to fall into! I am just glad he is too little to be embarrassed, he would probably never go back there! I chalk it up to those wonderful moments of motherhood!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home